• Jarlsberg® •
• Crispy, Gooey Mac & Cheese Bites •
• Ingredients •
You will need
- 3 cups leftover Beer, Mushroom, & Jarlsberg® mac & cheese, or your favorite mac & cheese recipe
- 2 cups vegetable oil, or more as needed for frying
- 2 large eggs, beated
- 1.5 cups Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp. Fresh chives, chopped
Makes 6 servings
For people who fight for the crusty mac and cheese. Make leftover night exciting again!
Chill left-over Beer, Mushroom, & Jarlsberg® Mac and Cheese in the refrigerator until firm (roughly 3-4 hours). Alternatively, prepare and chill your favorite mac & cheese recipe.
Heat vegetable oil in a large pot over medium high heat.
Using a cookie scoop or spoon, roll macaroni and cheese into 2 inch balls to form roughly 12 balls.
Dip each ball into the beaten eggs, then remove and coat in Panko breadcrumbs. Make sure to press the panko into the ball on all sides.
Make sure the oil is hot; cook the ball until evenly golden and crispy, about 3-4 minutes.
Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to remove excess oil.
Garnish with chopped chives (adds great color) and serve immediately (don’t forget to save one for yourself!).