• Jarlsberg® •
• Jarlsberg® Ratatouille •
• Ingredients •
You will need
- 2 small Aubergines
- 2 small Courgettes
- 3 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Herbes de Provence
- 2 cans of Tomatoes
- 200 g Jarlsberg
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
Makes 4 portions
Hearty, colourful and satisfying
The mellow flavour of Jarlsberg® melds beautifully with the mild sweetness of roasted vegetables in this beautifully rustic ratatouille. You can use whatever dried or fresh herbs your family likes best.
1. Preheat the oven to 220º C. Slice the vegetables, and toss them with the olive oil, herbes de Provence, and plenty of salt and pepper. Sear them in a frying pan until browned and soft, for about 8 minutes.
2. Coarsely grate a third of the Jarlsberg cheese, and cut the rest into small slices.
3. Pour the tomatoes into a 2-litre baking dish. Fill the dish with rows of vegetable and Jarlsberg slices.
4. Top with the grated Jarlsberg and bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is slightly browned.