Makes 6 Slices
Rustic but elegant, light-tasting but hearty, this simple vegetable tart perfectly captures the golden flavor of a fall day that feels deliciously like summer.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Place squash cubes on a baking tray and toss in 1 tbsp olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and bake for about 15 minutes, or until the cubes are soft but still hold their shape. Remove from tray and allow to cool.
3. Unfold puff pastry sheet onto parchment paper. Sprinkle with a bit of flour and roll the sheet into a 30-inch square. Cut the sheet into 2. Place the pastry along with the parchment paper onto the baking tray, making sure there is about a 1-inch space between the two halves.
4. Using a paring knife, make a light incision ½-inch from the edge of the pastry, along each side, to form a frame. Do not cut all the way through. This section will rise more and create a crust.
5. Within this frame, spread the sour cream, top it with the onions and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
6. In a large bowl, place the roasted squash, cherry tomatoes, red peppers, baby arugula and ½ cup of Jarlsberg®. Mix with the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil and season to taste.
7. Spread the mixed vegetables evenly over the sour cream and onions and sprinkle with the remaining ½ cup of Jarlsberg®.
8. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the pastry is golden and the cheese is melted. Allow to cool and cut into 4-6 portions. Top with fresh basil leaves and enjoy!