Makes 4 Burgers
Serve up this marvelous meltdown at your next get-together to win over any foodie.
1. In a small bowl, mix the breadcrumbs and double cream until absorbed (about 3-4 minutes).
2. In a large bowl, mix the beef with the garlic and the bread crumb mixture until combined. Season with salt and pepper and form 4 large burgers. Make a large indentation in the middle of each burger and pre-heat your grill.
3. In the meantime, make the Jarlsberg® cheese fondue sauce by melting the butter in a small saucepan and whisking in the flour. Whisk over a medium heat until browned. Slowly whisk in the milk and allow to thicken (about 3-4 minutes). Add the grated Jarlsberg® and whisk until smooth. Keep fondue aside.
4. Grill each burger to your liking. Spread butter inside the buns and toast lightly. Place tomatoes on the bottom half of the bun, followed by the burger. Then pour fondue sauce on top of the burger. Add the other half of the bun and pour more fondue sauce over the top.
5. Garnish with spring onions and red pepper flakes.