Mac in a mug—the quick and easy meal that’s just as cute as it is tasty—allows you to make a full meal or small snack with minimal effort and only a few ingredients. And adding some buttery Jarlsberg to the mix makes convenience and ease, a little more special.
So, if you’re a mom or a dad on the chopping block, getting back from a late night commute, or simple having one of those “I really don’t feel like cooking” nights, there’s no better option than this time-saving twist on a classic.
Here’s everything you need, to make creamy and delicious, mac in a mug!
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 5 Minutes
Total Time: 10 Minutes
Ingredients (Serving Size for One)
- ⅓ cup pasta
- ¾ cup cold water
- 4 tablespoons milk or almond milk for a lactose-free alternative
- ¼ teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons Jarlsberg® shredded cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- Add the macaroni and water in a large microwavable mug. Make sure the mug is large, as the water will boil up.
- Microwave until the pasta is fully cooked. Be aware of what microwave you have, because timing will vary. For a 1000W microwave, you’ll want to microwave your mug for 4-5 minutes.
- Take the mug and pour through a strainer.
- Add macaroni back into the mug.
- Stir in the milk, cornstarch, and shredded Jarlsberg cheese.
- Microwave for another 60 seconds to create your sauce.
- Stir well.
- Season with salt and pepper—and enjoy!