• Jarlsberg® •
• Grain Salad with Jarlsberg® •
• Ingredients •
You will need
- 2 cups winter wheat berries
- 2 cups fennel, diced
- 1.5 cups radicchio, torn
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and roughly chopped
- 0.5 cups dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 0.3 cups chopped Italian parsley
- 2 cups Jarlsberg, in small dice
- 3 tbsp. cider vinegar
- 0.7 cups olive oil
- 2 tbsp. hazelnut oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Makes 4 portions
A SATISFYING SALAD
Grain salads like this one are all the rage right now, and with good reason – they’re delicious and nutritious. This hearty and earthy salad makes a delicious meal at any time of the day.
TO MAKE THE SALAD
Soak the wheat berries overnight in a bowl of water.
Place the drained wheat in a medium saucepan, cover with 4 C cold water, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to minimum and simmer the wheat 45-60 min, or until very tender.
Drain and cool the wheat, then mix with the remaining ingredients, toss, and serve.
This recipe can be adapted to use your favourite grains, nuts, vegetables, and dried fruits.